At Netlist, we cultivate a motivating environment where semiconductor and modular design professionals can advance their careers and build industry-leading skills and expertise. Our employees are committed to quality and integrity, and we form long-term partnerships with our clients.
Netlist designs and manufactures customized, high-density memory subsystems for server, high-performance computing, and communications applications. We collaborate with tier-one OEMs in the early stages of product development, applying our proprietary technologies and systems expertise to bridge the gap between standard memory and the specialized requirements of complex OEM systems. Our portfolio of design techniques includes efficient planar design, alternative packaging techniques, and custom semiconductor logic.
Netlist offers competitive salary and benefits packages and is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Senior Firmware Engineer will perform embedded systems design, development, testing and debugging of embedded software in applications using programmable logic for custom memory products based on system level requirements (involving FIFOs, DDRx controllers, flash controllers, NV-RAM interfaces, low level driver code etc.). In addition, this person will be responsible for firmware integration and providing support for engineering validation and production test platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Serve as the lead firmware resource driving design and development
- Perform embedded systems design, software programming, verification, validation and debugging
- Implement software modules in embedded processors for programmable logic devices from all of the major vendors: Altera, Xilinx, and Lattice
- Expertise with Altera FPGA platforms including NIOS II processor integration, NIOS II based development environment and interface to modules on the Avalon bus highly desirable
- Contribute to conceptual design, HW / FW partitioning efforts and associated tradeoffs working closely with the HW design team
- Create and implement FW development methodologies
- Competent in the use of revision control systems. Knowledge of Perforce desirable.
- Knowledge of memory technologies such as (DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and NAND Flash) and respective controller interfaces is highly desirable
- Experience in:
- embedded software programming using C or C++
- developing embedded firmware for memory subsystems involving DDRx and non volatile technologies are highly desired
- Altera Cyclone III/IV FPGA platforms using the NIOS II processor, Avalon bus and IDE
- low level device drivers
- Competent in using lab equipment, emulators, compilers, assemblers, and linkers
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to be a team player
- Good analytical / problem solving skills
- A strong work ethic centered on a can do attitude
- Committed to do what it takes to get the job done
- A sense of urgency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical engineering required; MS EE/CS preferred
- 10 + years of embedded SW design and development experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Physical demands for an office position with heavy computer use; little or no travel
Position Description Summary:
Netlist has a new opportunity for a highly visible and critical engineering role of Flash Applications Engineer. The Applications Engineer (Flash) position reports to the Director of Flash Products and is responsible for product support of all Flash based products including: SATA/PATA and PCIe interface Flash devices, Secure Digital (SD), including mini and micro, Universal Serial Bus (USB), Compact Flash (CF) etc.
You must possess the ability to work independently to achieve goals, and be experienced in reporting to and working with senior management. You should have relationships already developed with Customer Accounts and manage component or subsystems products through the design, qualification and sales process. Willing to take ownership of problems and lead resolution to the challenges of the customer. Ability to bring a strategic and consultative approach understanding the Customer's business needs issues and priorities to deliver a value-adding business solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Candidate must have knowledge:
- Of the industry standard Flash specifications and protocols
- Of the SATA/PATA and PCIe communications protocols
- In creating and maintaining existing and new Data Sheets using FrameMaker software
- Experience with, lab equipment and procedures, including validation and trouble shooting of flash devices. This experience includes the use of oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, as well as other relevant diagnostic equipment, and analysis of measured data
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability and desire to work as part of a team
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to do what it takes to get the job done
- The ability to juggle multiple objectives and issues successfully in a complex environment
- Candidate will:
- Work with the Engineering, Field Application Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to assist customers with Flash product design-in and systems integration, and resolve field issues with Flash products
- Work with the Design Engineering team to specify functions and features of new Flash products
- Review and evaluate customer inquiries and technical specifications to ensure design feasibility
- Minimum of five years field experience required in the computer hardware or server/ workstation/ supercomputer technology field.
- Ability to work independently – ability to effectively perform with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with our sales reps, customer and corporate headquarters developing and implementing customer technical support plan that results in customer satisfaction.
- Track record of personal involvement in understanding customer needs and utilizing resources to meet customer needs.
- A proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key-accounts and the ability to sell the opportunity throughout the key account organization and within your company.
- You must have the ability to interface with delivery teams to customize solutions.
- BSEE degree; MSEE preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Physical demands with moderate computer use and up to 25% travel.
In this position, your major responsibilities will be to establish and develop partnerships with leaders and decision makers in order to increase our value proposition, product qualification opportunities, design wins, and product revenue. This person should drive Netlist Flash Memory product volumes and have a significant impact on business growth and overall sales and product margin. In addition to developing and maintaining this business alliance, the successful Director will conduct business reviews and make recommendations to Netlist management to insure correct pricing.
This role is responsible for growing, sustaining and renewing client contracts. The Director of Flash Product Sales will act as the “Voice of the customer” to Netlist management and use his/her technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales. In addition, will provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. This person may provide technical training and communicate customer feedback into future product developments.
You must possess the ability to work independently to achieve goals, and be experienced in reporting to and working with senior management. You should have relationships already developed and managed component or subsystems products through the qualification and sales process. Willing to take ownership of problems and lead resolution to the challenges of the customer.
Prepare a sales/business plan to expand market share in existing and new markets for achieving sales objectives on a worldwide level.
- Develop and execute strategies for coverage of the key accounts.
- Deliver strategy and programs for new customer initiatives.
- Provide direction to sales/marketing/engineering in attaining revenue and profit goals.
- Personal involvement in understanding customer needs and utilizing resources to meet customer needs.
- Knowledge of customer service, sales principles and concepts, and sales methods and practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE required; MSEE preferred
- Seven years sales experience required selling to computer hardware OEMs or server/workstation /supercomputer technology field.
- Physical demands for general office environment; moderate computer use; up to 50% travel
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Hyperscale Sales Manager will have the overall responsibility to establish and develop enduring partnerships with leaders and decision makers at Hyperscale customers in the United States and abroad in order to increase our partnership, value proposition, product qualification opportunities, design wins, and product revenue. These efforts should drive Netlist Memory product volumes and have a significant impact on business growth and overall sales and product margin. In addition to developing and maintaining this business partnership, the HyperScale Sales Manager will conduct business reviews and make recommendations to Netlist management to insure correct pricing.
This person will work at all levels of the company beginning at the earliest stages of design where you will form working relationships with engineering to ensure design wins and continue the relationship through senior customer leadership to ensure a successful partnership through all phases of design, delivery and beyond. The Hyperscale Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the customer’s current and future needs are met and for growing, sustaining and renewing client contracts. This person will act in a critical role as the “voice of the customer” to Netlist management.
The Hyperscale Sales Manager must possess the ability to work independently to achieve goals, and be experienced in reporting to and working with senior management. You should have developed relationships in the market and managed component or subsystems products through the design, qualification and sales process. Also, the Hyperscale Sales Manager will take ownership of problems and lead resolution to the challenges of the Customer. In addition, it is essential in this position to bring a strategic and consultative approach in understanding the Customer’s business needs, issues and priorities to deliver a value-add business solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SKILLS:
- Prepare a sales/business plan to expand market share in existing and new markets for achieving sales objectives
- Develop and execute strategies for coverage of key accounts
- Deliver strategy and programs for new customer initiatives
- Provide direction to sales/marketing/engineering in attaining revenue and profit goals
- Create and maintain new business opportunities with customers
- Manage the flow of information and communication between Netlist and the Customers with the objective of maintaining strong customer relations
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability and desire to work as a team member
- Possess decision making skills driven by “what is the right thing to do?”
- A strong work ethic centered on a “can do” attitude
- A sense of urgency and commitment to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and original thinking in order to address the demands of the business
- Able to clearly establish expectations and manage progress effectively
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task, establish timelines and manage priorities
- An outstanding ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems
- Minimum of seven (7) years of sales experience required in the Hyperscale customer space
- Track record of success in opening and systematically penetrating new accounts
- Knowledge of customer service, sales principles and concepts, and key-account sales methods and practices
- Track record of personal involvement in understanding customer needs and utilizing resources to meet customer needs
- A proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key-accounts and the ability to sell the opportunity throughout the key account organization and within your company
- Technical degree or related field and/or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS or REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical demands for a field position with moderate computer use and up to 50% travel
Forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notate the job title in the subject line of your email.
Contact Information: Netlist Inc., 175 Technology, Irvine, CA 92618
It is Netlist’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) for all applicants. Netlist does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of any protected class.
Netlist offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, STD, 401K, Paid Time Off and many more benefits.